Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm So Behind - Heath Forgive Me!!

So apparently I can't have a new job and blog on time.

Incidentally I've found out that I can't have a new job and keep my house clean either.

Or keep my fridge stocked with food.

Or do the laundry.

So, I can have a job.

And that's it.

But for you, for the few of you who faithfully follow this tiny blog I will post the few sad pictures I have of this week's cupcake.

The first picture looks completely different than the second one for a number of reasons.

They are:

1. As mentioned above, this week has been kind of out of control in the "getting things done" arena and the cupcakes were no exception. Thus, I was making cupcakes at 10 pm on Wednesday night. And I am a 'get in bed at 9 pm' kind of girl. Rough!

2. Due to the late hour I didn't have time to wait for my coffee to cool to make mocha frosting out of chocolate frosting. And I don't know if you know, but let me be the first to tell you that pouring warm coffee into butter cream frosting will make soft, sloppy frosting. DELICIOUS frosting, but sloppy nonetheless. And sloppy frosting doesn't pipe well. Duh.

3. So, the cupcakes that went to work with Mr. Kate's BakeShop were spread on. The one's that went to work with me were piped...at 7 am on Thursday morning...15 minutes before I had to walk out the door. I like to live on the edge.

Ok, so really that was just ONE reason, broken down into three paragraphs. Clearly I'm delusional. I haven't had dinner. I can't be held responsible for the things I say or type.

Alright, enough messing around, here's what you came here for.

From my phone...not as impressive as the hubby's fancy schmancy phone. But the cupcake is much prettier!

Hubby's phone...not quite like a real camera...but close...someday.

Ok, we're late for dinner with friends. Let me just break this down for you.

Mocha Toffee Cupcake
Bailey's Irish Cream Chocolate cupcake, filled with a mocha whipped cream, topped with chocolate butter cream, sprinkled with crushed toffee bits.

Oh yeah, I'm not making that up. There's booze in that cupcake. And it was SO good! The cupcake wasn't bad either. :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I have some heart day cuppies to make this weekend. I'll try to snap some pics and post them before next week.

And I'll work on a new poll. Still not sure what the choices will be.

Any suggestions??

0 comments:

Post a Comment