Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's time for cake...CUPcake!

Cupcakes are back!!!!!

These cuties are white chocolate macadamia nut.

Inspired by a trip to my local Subway.

I ordered my flatbread, perused the baked chip display and then my eyes landed on the cookie rack.

Ah, beautiful, chewy, cookie babies.

And I thought to myself, 'Self, you should make those cookies into a cupcake.'

So I did.

I whipped up a vanilla cupcake and stirred in about a half cup each of crushed toasted macadamia nuts, and white chocolate.

Next came of white chocolate ganache filling (not as easy to make as traditional ganache, but delicious nonetheless).

Topped off with vanilla butter cream and more toasted macadamia nuts.

They really did taste like the cookie.

It was a good decision.

And then there was the week before when I made cucpakes but you didn't see them.

Darn those weeks when you're too busy to breathe!

I didn't get a picture of the Tiramisu cuppies.

I have peace about it and so should you.

They were yummy, it's true. But, they looked like a lot of other cupcakes, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Quick recap for you: Tiramisu Cupcakes=Vanilla Rum Cupcake, filled with espresso whipped cream, topped with marscapone cream cheese and dusted with cocoa powder.

Mmmm...those Italian's sure do know their desserts!

This coming week is Lemon Cupcakes...by request.

The poll will be back up for your voting pleasure in a few weeks.

Happy Baking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment