Friday, February 5, 2010

Just Because

It's Friday night.

My devoted husband is outside diligently snow blowing our driveway and I'm sitting in our delightfully warm house watching cooking shows on public television.

He's such a good man. I'm such a slacker. Thus is our life together.

I just wanted to show you something really quick. I think you'll like it.

Earlier today I made cupcakes.

Shocker, I know.

They're not part of the 52 Cupcake Challenge. But that certainly doesn't mean I can't share them with you.

I do so LOVE to share cupcakes with you!

My KitchenAide and I whipped up some HopScotchCakes and some SnoCapCakes.

(Side Note: I'm feeling a strong urge to name my KitchenAide. I might have to work on that this week.)

Moving on.

The SnoCaps are still in process...awaiting their moment to roll in glorious crushed chocolate cookies.

You can't rush these things...you'll end up with mushy cookie crumbs. And that's just gross.

BUT, the HopScotchCakes are ready for their big moment.


There now. I don't feel so bad about the slacking. I was productive today.

Oh, and I feel it's necessary to tell you that under that golden cocoon of butterscotch ganache (layered over vanilla butter cream) is the most perfect vanilla cupcake I've ever created.

I actually came up with a vanilla cupcake that's fluffy, moist, delicate, and sweet. And it didn't even remotely resemble a muffin.

Because if you know me, you know my aversion to muffins masquerading as cupcakes!

And finally, just because Mr. Kate's BakeShop took this photo off his phone and put in on our computer tonight, I'll share it with you.

That and because it made me want to make another batch of these immediately.

In case you're wondering which cupcake you need to order right now, this pretty baby is a chocolate chip cupcake with chocolate butter cream filling, vanilla butter cream frosting and a mini chocolate chip cookie topper!

I'll be going to the store to buy the next size up in pants now.

See you soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie! Those look absolutely amazing as always. Like make me drool amazing. I was eating one of your cupcakes the other day, slumped in my chair, eyes half closed, when I realized a couple people at work were laughing at me. I guess I was making moaning noises while eating it and didn't even realize it. SOOO good!! :) -Jessi

Post a Comment